As we enter what feels like Day 874 of lockdown, we can’t help but miss the heady rush of baking banana bread, yoga in the park and dressing up for our Zoom meetings in our finest attire and A-game contouring.
Somewhere along the way we seem to have lost our lockdown mojo, and it seems we’re not alone. There are countless articles, memes and blog posts laying out why we’re all feeling the full-on effects of winter ‘At-Home’. From walking the dog in the dark, to teaching the kids maths you’ve forgotten long ago, is it any wonder lockdown 2.0 is proving to be so painfully merciless?
Well, enough we say! We’re calling time on the doom, gloom and boring Zooms, and bringing you five effortless Evalucia ideas that will inject a large shot of wellbeing, glamour and relaxation into your life in lockdown.
Ladies, pour yourself a glass of wine and read on; we all deserve this!
Spacemasks – Interstellar relaxationIdeal For: Tired women everywhere. (That’s all of us then, right?)
The cult beauty must-have of the last 2 years, Lori loved these amazing sleep-aids SO much when she was pregnant with Luke, that they became the very first product in Evalucia’s lifestyle collection.
If you’ve not heard the hype around these simple little masks (lockdown really has got to you!) then prepare to be dazzled; from the moment you open the box you are invited on a journey of relaxation.
Simply place Spacemask your eyes, recline and enjoy as it gently warms to release the jasmine-infused scent. Within minutes you will feel your tired eyes and face start to mellow and the day’s frustrations and annoyances will melt away. For the next 15 minutes enjoy the space and freedom to recover and reenergise, setting you up for a great night’s sleep or an afternoon wowing your colleagues in those virtual meetings!
Quick Fire Facts:
• The masks are made of cotton and only contain essence of jasmine and iron powder so all entirely natural.
• Suitable for pregnant women and anyone on medication as nothing is absorbed. They’re also brilliant for getting back to sleep after a night feed.
• Both cruelty free and vegan.
• Great for people suffering from headaches and migraines.
• Both the box and the foil are recyclable.
Laines of London Slippers
Ideal For: Stylish women missing their new-shoe fix. (That’s all of us too, surely!?)
Our best-selling footwear of Christmas 2020, these super-luxe slippers are just the thing to bring a much-needed hit of new shoe euphoria to ladies missing the thrill of taking their new footwear out for a stroll!
Laines of London was set up in 2019 by two friends with a passion for design and a desire to go about "Making the Ordinary, Extraordinary".
True to their word, it was as if the universe answered our calls for comfortable glamour, as their – quite frankly gorgeous! – range of slippers landed at Evalucia HQ last September.
Divinely comfortable, with faux fur lining the entire footbed, you’d be forgiven for thinking this is enough to make them stand out. And yet, it is the detachable, ornate brooch that really gives these slippers the WOW factor and keeps our Evalucia regulars coming back for a second (and third!) pair.
Quick Fire Facts:
• The slippers are made of the softest faux fur and come in a range of stunning colours – we stock Black, Pink, Grey and Cream.
• We have sold out of Laine of London Luxe Slippers FOUR TIMES and have posted them as far afield as New York and all the back to London!
• The beaded jewelled embellishments come in lobster, octopus, love heart and star fish.
• Each item is created using quality materials and techniques, giving a premium look and feel.
• The must-have gift for Valentine’s Galentines or just as a wee treat to you for handling this lockdown like a boss!
Rachel Jackson Jewellery
Ideal For: Ladies who want to put some va-va-voom into their Zoom!
I know I’m not alone when I say that Zoom has killed my look-at-this-great-outfit fashionista vibe! I am a woman who revels in the joy of a well put together look – and that means I like to create a top to toe WOW factor. My talents are literally wasted on this new waist-up culture.
Thankfully then, the wonderful Rachel Jackson has provided me with a new love-affair for lockdown in the shape of her stunning necklaces and earrings. Simple, elegant and oh-so classy these are the small pieces you’re going to slip on that will make you stand out on screen.
‘She believed she could so she did’ has been Rachel’s mantra from day one and this feel good, empowering vibe is at the heart of the label. Every piece is designed to layer, stack and style and the collection has proved to be so sought-after in stylish celeb circles that Vogue, Grazia and Elle have all featured the range.
Quick Fire Facts:
• In 2006, Lancashire born Rachel made every piece of jewellery from her kitchen table and sold her wares on a market stall in Spitalfields, London.
• By 2009 Rachel had been selected by Goldsmiths as one of eight Best of British Designers
• We are one of only two Scottish stockists and are proud to have been selected as a brand synonymous with style and quality.
• Celebrity followers include celebrities including Kylie Jenner, Katy Perry, Rita Ora, Nicole Scherzinger, Ellie Goulding, Jessie Ware, Fearne Cotton, Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
• The Rachel Jackson Art Deco Initial Necklace is one of our best-sellers and worth snapping up if we have your name in stock!
Breath Organic Hang Out Pyjamas
Ideal For: Women who need Couch-to-Teams-Call comfort and style
Hello Breath PJs – where have you been all my life? Who knew I’d ever become so attached to a pair of pyjamas? It’s tricky to explain just how comfortable and stylish these beautiful pyjamas are but I can officially say, I’m never going back to Marks and Spencer sleepwear again!
Constructed in luxury organic cotton and Tencel, the fabric is dreamy soft, and yet still the luxe black-piping around cuffs, collar and ankles gives them a sharp, stylish vibe. In fact, I will confess to having put this to the test by jumping on to a supplier Teams Call wearing the pink set – glammed up with my Rachel Jackson Initial chain of course!
The boxy shirt offers just the right amount of roomy drape to flatter, and the pyjama bottoms have a draw to fit working waistband, allowing you to wear on them on the hip or the waist, whichever feels more comfortable.
Quick Fire Facts:
• Tencel™ is one of the most sustainable fabrics in the world and comes from Eucalyptus trees, a natural renewable resource.
• Mixed with organic cotton, the choice of fabrics mean your pyjamas are easy to care for and kind to the environment
• Available in baby pink or classic navy, and in two easy-to-wear sizes
• Created by the same brand who have given us our popular, breathable masks
• Couch to call safe. the stylish shirt collar looks amazing teamed with a necklace and earrings combo.
Connock London Kukui Oil Candle
Ideal For: Anyone looking to keep their energy and inspiration burning bright
Okay, so we may have a little Connock London obsession but that’s only because their entire collection is so damn GORGEOUS!
Connock London was founded by Amanda Connock who has a rich heritage in sourcing and supplying speciality ingredients. With a background in horticulture and biochemistry, Amanda's parents Alan and Elizabeth Connock used their 12 years of technical experience in the industry to set up the family business A&E Connock in 1973.
Amanda spent her childhood sampling perfumes, making scented bath salts and creating floral waters in buckets from rose petals and cherry blossom with her siblings and her love for these exotic, unique natural ingredients instilled in her a life-long passion for beauty and fragrance.
This candle is the shop’s signature scent, and so if you’re missing Saturday’s browsing the rails or chatting to our team with a glass of bubbles, we suggest lighting one of these beauts and doing a little wardrobe audit to plan what you need for summer!
Quick Fire Facts:
• Infused with the sensual, exotic fragrance of Hawaiian flowers this candle offers up floral notes of Gardenia and Jasmine which blend into a warm, woody, sultry base.
• In ancient Hawaiʻi, kukui nuts were burned to provide light – once lit they burned one by one every fifteen minutes or so and this led to their use as a measure of time.
• Hawaiians extracted the oil from the nut and burned it in a stone oil lamp called a kukui hele po - meaning ‘light, darkness goes’
• The evocative aroma will lift your flagging spirits with thoughts of happiness, holidays and shopping in Evalucia!
• The frosted glass holder looks beautiful in any room in the house and can be recycled after its done.
Remember: Sign up for our new text message service and you can receive 10% off all of these fabulous products. Simply click the little button in the bottom left of your screen.
Important note from us to you:
We know life is tough right now, and if you are struggling at all, please do take some time to look after yourself. These ideas are really great for a quick pick me up and a reminder that you are still the stylish, amazing woman you were going into this lockdown.
However, if you are feeling that things are spiralling a bit more out with your own control we would urge you to call someone, or to seek some professional help.
Take a look here for some great mental health resources – and remember, you can do this.
We miss you all and hope to see you very soon. Lori, Sonia and Mags X